Tuesday 9 August 2016.
The Sour Power night was an event that really pushed the boundaries in terms of beer and food matching. We showcased various Belgian sour beers and it was amazing to see the reaction from the crowd, some of whom had never drunk sours before.
We were joined on the evening by Johnny who is a brewer at Wild Beer Co and Ubrew. He gave the hardcore beer geeks advice on home brewing techniques. All the food matchings were worked out by our in-house team of Phil and Charlie.
The selection was:
- Petrus Oud Bruin matched with wash rind cheese
- Hof ten Dormal Zure matched with rustic pate
- De Dochter Bien-Sûr matched with cream cheese
- Duchesse De Bougogne matched with plain chocolate
- Petrus Aged Pale matched with sweet doughnuts
- Petrus Aged Red matched with ginger nuts
There were some pretty wacky matchings, but also really great responses to what we had put together! We would love to put on more similarly left field events – watch this space.